Thursday, May 31, 2007

The standoff

I'm sitting at the new house.

I'm waiting for the cable guy.

There is a giant red wasp hanging on the ceiling in the kitchen.

I'm only 10 feet away from it and do not wish to anger it.

I am trapped.

I am praying that God would intervene and somehow the wasp would just die, suddenly. Maybe it has heart disease or influenza. Something that could potentially be fatal to a wasp. But I'm praying that it would die. Soon.

Otherwise, I'll have to beg the cable guy to kill it when he gets here. And since he's coming between 8-12 today, it might be a long wait.

From where I'm sitting, I have a perfect view of the thing. It's just hanging there, almost motionless with the exception of the occasional wing flutter (which just about sends me running for the hills).

Tools at hand to kill it or defend myself? A tiny broom that one of the contractors left the other day.

Please pray for my safety if you get this in time...

3 comments:

noell said...

Hope it turned out ok...let us know if the cable guy was nice and killed it! :)

amusingt said...

Oh, my friend! I feel your pain - what is their purpose? Why did God create wasps? And why do they have to look so pointy, blood-red, and overall SCARY? I used to have nightmares of human-sized wasps chasing me around my elementary school playground. You were brave to allow him to occupy the same space as you for so long. I might have waited outside.

karen said...

ahh...this reminds me of the aspen house and getting a carpet burn from jumping off of my bed and skidding on the carpet after i attacked one of the frequent winged visitors to my upstairs room that summer. :)