Monday, June 12, 2006

An update, of sorts

Hey kids - I hope you're all having a smashing week so far. My sincere apologies for the lack of posting over the past week. I could give you the "it's been crazy around here" speech, but rather than lie, I'll just admit that I haven't had much to write about.

So, in the event of bloggers block, I will entertain you with my list of newly made-up words.*
  • Wi-fi: not the traditional designation of various wireless internet activities, but rather, used as a verb. For example, "I love the coffee shop down the street. I can wi-fi from there."

  • Bruncheon: just like a luncheon, but earlier in the day, and sometimes related to weddings.

  • Calligraphize: as in, to write something in calligraphy. For example, "I'm hoping to find some friends to help calligraphize my wedding invitations before I send them out."

  • Google: aww jeez, that's already been taken.(sigh)

*While these are not necessarily copywrited, I do ask that in the event of their use, you give credit where credit is due....and that would be to me. Voila!

So the general gist is that yes, wedding things are happening around these parts. Invites and showers. Ribbon and tulle. Tastings and fatigue-induced collapsing. (Ok, well, maybe some of those are happening, but not all. I am in no way associated with anything pertaining to tulle....not that there's anything wrong with that...)

Also, yeah. Not much else....hmmm...really...nothing much to report. Oh! Wait! I cleaned my room! And I'm now realizing that I've sunk to a new low. But - at least I'm not reporting about Brangelina. Good gosh people - is that really news?!?!

I will say that the other day, three friends of mine from high school got together and clicked our way through My Space looking for people we used to know. Scary! But also, very addictive. Yes, I think we must have spent about 2 hours doing that. Sad? Possibly. Entertaining? You bet.

Nothing much going on. Promise. You'll be the first to know.

4 comments:

malita said...

I love that you actually appologize for not blogging more - as if you have let down the internet world- lol!

amar rama said...

hrmm.. i think you should keep making up more words. I see something very promising here

Alexia & Jeffrey said...

the editor in me just has to say...it's "copyright" not "copywrite" - as in, you do not have the "right" to copy these words. although, i guess if you don't have that "right," you also can't "write" them. so maybe you've got the right idea after all...

kimmie said...

Crud. I clicked "replace" on the spell checker...guess it didn't take it. I'll correct it!!! I'm a dork.