Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Another day, another list

Well, maybe not a list, per se, more like a summary of a collection of thoughts/instances/happenings/oddities. You get the idea. And since I like bulleted lists so much, allow me to treat you to...
  • Today feels like I've been in one constant meeting from 7:30 AM until now. Ick. Productive? Not so much...
  • About 2/3 of our staff meeting today was consumed by the team trying to catch and kill a fly. I told them that since I had been involved in the recent death of an ill-fated grasshopper, I couldn't participate. Their loss.
  • I have worn a skirt every day for 5 out of the last 6 days. People are starting to talk.
  • Amar and I are trying out a new Bible study tonight. We are very excited.
  • Last night I watched what was potentially the scariest thing I've ever seen. Have you heard about Connie Chung's farewell to her weekend newscast? Oy vey! Malita posted about it. Check it out here. Pay careful attention to the grunt when she slides off the piano.
  • The other day I really wanted to show Amar the old SNL skits of Celebrity Jeopardy. Well, after some significant Googling, we discovered that NBC had scrounged up all the web postings of said videos. Such a shame. They publish snippits of them on NBC, but they cut off right as "Final Jeopardy" starts. Seriously some of the funniest stuff I've seen in awhile, of course, with the exception of Connie Chung. Anyone know where I can find the full skits?
Well, that's all for now. Peace out, homies.

3 comments:

malita said...

I think I still have the old SNL videos on my old computer - in light of NBC's recent Nazi acctivity i think it's worth cranking up teh old computer to pull those off and burn them to CD's!!

Anonymous said...

If Malita doesn't have them I have a few on a CD here in Central Asia. You'll have to wait for my next trip to the States, but they are definately worth waiting for. I also have the skit of Will Farrell doing the cow bell for a "Behind the Music" skit.

Or...you and Amar could just come honeymoon here and pick up the CD then? :)

kimmie said...

Y'all are such great resources!! Sarah, I would love to come watch them in person with you....how about a couple years from now ;)

Always good to hear from you!