Monday, April 25, 2005

Long lost entry

--Found the lost post--

Over the past few days, it seems that my dear audience has been practically begging me to post. Ok fine - I give in. Here's a few thoughts, pieced together from my mind as I sit here at work on a conference call. Yes, I'm busy earning my paycheck. Promise.

I've dubbed this week "bonus week" - the last week of every corporate quarter, during which all beverages in my particular building are free. Yes, not a penny was squandered on my trip down to the cafe this morning to get my caffeine fix. It's a lovely thing, sipping bland coffee for free. And there are four more opportunities for me to do so this week! Just a little corporate "Thank You" I suppose. I'm equally looking forward to the free Diet Dr. Pepper I may go get for lunch....mmmmmm!

I'm currently reading a book I got for my birthday. It's called Captivating. It's about being a woman, and I'm enjoying it thoroughly so far. Girls - you should check it out. Ok, so I'm only two chapters into it, but I like it so far. I'll keep you posted.

I watched Ocean's Twelve this weekend. I really liked it. Rarely do I pass up an opportunity to spend time with Brad Pitt. But it was a fun movie. As a friend of mine said, "It's all about style." And I'm totally fine with that.

I got a haircut last week, and it seems to be well-received. I like it. It's short, layered, and easy. All in all, money well-spent. And my friends have complemented me on it....making me wonder exactly how badly I needed one....and how bad my hair was prior to the cut. But I'm past that, and enjoying experimenting with it. Good stuff!

I'm going to play my guitar today. Not normally a headline for anyone else. But I haven't played it in months, so I'm getting "taught" by someone at church. I'm really looking forward to having sore fingers in a few days. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

weeeeeerd :)
Who is teaching you? if you don't mind me asking. This is neat!

kimmie said...

Are you referencing yesterday's sermon?

Karen is teaching me, or she will at least make the attempt.

Anonymous said...

No no no. Did you not notice the conspicuous and calculated omission of "i" in weeeeeeeeeerd. It was me trying to act like not me :-). (man tons of negatives in that sentence above)

Awesome, we should tell Karen that she needs to teach you with a firm hand :)

Anonymous said...

Can you use the newly acquired camera and newly acquired hair together so your round rock friends can see?

:) jad3

kimmie said...

Ahh, good show! How creative of you! I will try to get the camera and hairdo together in one place. Keep you posted...