Thursday, July 05, 2007

Moive review: Once

To celebrate our nation's independence yesterday, I, along with millions of other Americans, went to the movies. A group of us saw Once and we loved it.

I'd heard a bit about it a few weeks back, and was even listening to a radio show when the star called in to discuss the film. All that I'd heard was that it was sort of a musical, which I now kind of disagree with. While the music does play a huge role in the film, this isn't the song-and-dance type of movie that you'd see Baz Luhrmann produce. (Nothing against Baz, this just isn't at all like his work...)

All in all, it was a great show. I was a huge fan of most of the music, and it just felt so real. The actors were actually the ones that sang and wrote most of the songs, and that was just amazing.

Not to give anything away, but I was glad that this movie didn't end the way I kind of wanted it to. See it, and you'll understand what I mean. Looking forward to downloading the soundtrack...

3 comments:

malita said...

Ooo good to hear a good review on this one - I've been wanting to see this since it was released at Sundance - I HIGHLY recommend the soundtrack it is SO good!!!

McBean said...

Mmmm... totally agree. "Once" was a surprise delight to me. I really enjoyed it and loved the fact that it's actually pro-marriage!

amusingt said...

Pro-marriage...YEAH!