Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Not so fast...

I'm in a bit of a pickle as far as knowing what to post. It's not that there's not much going on, but rather, knowing what portions to write about regarding what is going on. I'm sure in due time, it will all come together. I just need to be patient and see how it all materializes.

I know that experiencing God's peace is like no other thing on earth. And for that, I'm quite thankful. Knowing that, decisions (although difficult to make) that honor His desires above our own are far more eternally valuable than those that seek to give satisfaction to our selfish needs of security, happiness and pride. I also know that getting over something is not nearly as valuable as getting through something. And that only happens in God's timing.

So that's all for now. I leave you with something that was said at church on Sunday. I've believed for quite sometime that most (if not all) sin is ultimately tied to pride. Our pastor quoted something that went like this: "Independence from God is the only sin." That's probably not word for word, but it's close and my sermon notes aren't with me right now.

How often do I consciously seek independence from God? Who knows. But how often does it subtly play in daily life? Countless times.

No comments: