Monday, July 11, 2005

The countdown begins

At the time of this posting, I am officially set to leave the country in about 72 hours. Ok, technically it's probably more like 78 hours, but that doesn't sound as cool. That's incredible. I haven't left the country since before 9/11, so I have no idea about the new airport security, heightened traveler nerves, and the like. All I know is not to pack nail clippers in my carry on. I can handle that.

I'm the team scribe, and thus responsible for packaging the daily events in humorous, but sincere, emails. This is a weighty responsibility, I feel, but nevertheless, I'm ready for the challenge. In my head, I tend to compose thoughts in seemingly eloquent, artistic, rich sentences. But when they come out on paper, they tend to pale in comparison to how I actually crafted them. So the task is to just write, and to write well. I think it will be a good experience. I'm imagining that there will be a lot to tell, and only a limited amount of time in which to tell it.

Wish me luck! I'm off to finish up my curriculum work this evening. I feel like a graduating college senior who has to finish one last paper before they can walk the stage. I really don't want to work on this stuff, but I know that it's for a purpose. I just have to keep reminding myself of that.

My credit card got a really good workout this weekend, in preparation for the trip. I bought some clothes, supplies, a backpack, a new Bible, and countless other things that I "need" for the trip. Ok, in all honesty, I really do need about 90% of what I bought. It's just that I bought it all at once, which probably wasn't the wisest move ever. But that's ok. It's just money. All is still well.

And if you ever need to find Texjoy steak seasoning or Purpose soap, they are available at Jason's Deli and HEB, respectively. Just something that I learned this weekend...

No comments: