Wednesday, April 02, 2008

I know, I know...

You hunger for updates.

Updates specifically regarding Project Table.

Updates you shall have.

First of all, loyal fans, thank you for persevering. You have been patiently waiting in the wings, longing for news of the project completion, wanting to come and try your hand at dining in the midst of the new furniture.

Please accept my humble apologies, for I am a procrastinator.

Current Situation: Part 1
The glass.

It was ordered 2 weeks ago.
It was ready 1 week ago.
The store conveniently closes at 5:30.
The store conveniently is not open on the weekends.
The store conveniently does not offer delivery.

This is the perfect storm, and coincidentally, the perfect excuse for procrastination.

And if you will allow me to be completely honest here, I'm a bit scared of obtaining the glass. What if it breaks? What if we chip the edge? What if the table isn't level, thus causing excess stress on one area of the glass, and then I set a casserole dish down and BAM! It's busted!

And moving on...

The plan is that Amar and I will pick up the glass this week and figure out some way to squeeze it into the back of the Pathfinder. I measured the back of the Pathfinder and it is the exact same size as the glass. This could either be very good or very bad.


Current Situation: Part 2
The chairs.

After scouring the world wide web, we found some chairs that we dig. The only problem is that they are sold by an upscale retailer who wants us to put a down payment on half of Europe just to ship the chairs to us. This? I refuse to do.

So I'm going thrift shopping over the next few days to see if there's something else we can work out. Stay tuned.

No comments: