Thursday, September 06, 2007

Jet setting


Sorry for the delay in posting, my friends. I hate to deprive you of my eloquence...

Things are a bit crazy, but what's new. I'm heading off to Poland tomorrow, which should be interesting. Glamorous, I know. I'll even get to wear a hard hat and steel-toed shoes too!

To be honest, I'm a little nervous. I've never been to this part of the world before, and even though I'll be with co-workers, it'll still feel a bit lonely not having friends and family nearby. There's a 7 hour difference, which might also make staying in touch a bit of a challenge.

Oh, and did I mention the weather? Folks there are advising that we bring scarves, hats and jackets. It's already getting into the 40s at night, and coupled with the rain, it just sounds like an Eastern European paradise ;)

Seriously. I have a blanket in my cubicle and it's 90 degrees outside. Don't be surprised if I look like a block of ice when I return. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

McBean said...

We'll turn our air conditioners down, cuddle under blankets and drink hot tea in honor of you, whilst you're away.

noell said...

Enjoy - and stay warm!