Tuesday, April 24, 2007

My kingdom for a spoon!

It's no secret that I'm a big fan of breakfast food. At any given point on any given day, I could typically go for your standard "Economical": 2 eggs (scrambled hard, in my case), bacon/sausage, a fruit selection of some kind, and a bread selection of some kind.

Lately, upon breakfast food outings, I've been subbing out my typical fruit item (strawberries, pineapple, maybe even the occasional cantaloupe) for grapefruit. It is remarkably refreshing. And when I eat them, I'm reminded of my grandparents, who typically ate them for breakfast for as long as I have memories of them eating breakfast.

But back to the point.

I recently procured my own grapefruit from the grocery store this week. But upon arriving home and unpacking my goods, it occurred to me that I didn't have a grapefruit spoon. What's a girl to do?

Shop, of course.

So yesterday I went to Target in search of such a soon. No luck. And then something else occurred to me: never in my life have I seen a grapefruit spoon for sale in any store whatsoever.

And now I solicit you, dear readers, for ideas. Where can I get a grapefruit spoon?

3 comments:

Free Matter said...

Looks like Crate & Barrel has them. http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=752&f=3024
And if you want you can pick me up a utensil holder for my tiny new kitchen while you're there.

malita said...

I always get them in the grocery store utensil and kitchen aisle. Sometimes even the produce section

noell said...

Or you can get six for $7 on Amazon... http://www.amazon.com/STAINLESS-STEEL-SERRATED-GRAPEFRUIT-SPOON/dp/B000FYXIJ6

Enjoy!