Sunday, February 06, 2011

Superbowl XLV: Musings and Observations

My thoughts upon watching portions of the Superbowl (and the commercials):
  • Either Troy Aikman is a giant, or Joe Buck is tiny. I googled their heights mid-game, and still, I think the data has been falsified. My current working theory: Joe Buck has a long neck making his shoulders look really short compared to good ol' Troy.

  • The Steelers' head coach looks like Omar Epps. Arguably, Wikipedia does not have a good picture of either man, but trust me on this one. Doppelgangers.

  • I don't care what you say, I still get a kick out of the Etrade talking baby commercials. Good stuff.

  • Also, on the marketing front, I'm digging the Snickers commercials. They took the cake last year with Betty White getting tackled. And this year with (ick) Roseanne Barr and (ick-ish) Richard Lewis getting smacked around. Also good stuff.


  • Taking a brief break...we just heard a crash outside and the back of the house shook...Amar is going to investigate...

    ...and we're back. Initial investigations didn't yield any findings. I'm off to investigate shortly.

  • Not Superbowl-related, per se, but I'm contemplating starting a Twitter account. Anyone have any strong feelings either way?

  • Not really looking forward to either of the upcoming Johnny Depp movies. Cartoon lizard? Pass. Yet another installment of Jack Sparrow? Meh.


  • Off to go check outside...and, nothing. But I did see a shooting star. And apparently when Amar went outside the first time, the neighbor was also outside checking things out with a flashlight. Strange happenings in Central Austin, I tell ya.


    Back to the musings:

  • Half-time show? Seriously. People wearing neon light-up suits dancing around with boxes on their heads? Pass.


I'll leave things there for now. Best wishes for all of your Superbowl watching adventures!

1 comment:

kimmie said...

Updated to add: I can't freakin' stand go daddy. Ick. Ick. Ick.