Saturday, September 12, 2009

New Favorite Website

I've added a few sites to my Google Reader lately, but by far my favorite has been My Life Is Average.

(If you're familiar with the (sometimes NSFW) site FML, it's much the same, but a TON cleaner and funnier in most instances).

Readers post in with interesting observations, funny happenings, and general commentaries on how humor and irony play out in their day to day lives.

Here are some of my recent favorites, many of which brought smiles to my face over the last few dreary, Seattle-ish days (titles are of my own making:

Harry Potter in Real Life
Last night, I was at a high school football game. My friend paid the announcer in the booth fifteen bucks to say, "Ten points for Gryffindor!" every time our team scored. He did. It was the best night ever.

Shout out to Justin Timberlake
Today at work, I found a sign up sheet for a company barbecue. We were supposed to write what we were bringing. I wrote "sexy back". Everyone is looking forward to my dish. MLIA

An Epic Battle
Today I wore a shirt that has the "Hello my name is:" sticker filled in with "Ninja." I saw a guy with the same shirt, but instead it said "Jedi." Although I intended to have a staredown, he nodded at me; causing me to nod back. I think he just used the force on me. Well played, Jedi. This battle is not over. MLIA

Necessity: The Mother of Invention
Today, while driving to school, I saw a man driving a motorized scooter down the sidewalk. I didn't think much of it, until I noticed he was pulling behind him a man on a rolling office chair. Best. Idea. Ever. MLIA.

Again with the Harry Potter Awesomeness...
Today at school there were army recruiters. I jokingly said to my friend "the only army I'll be joining is Dumbledores". One of the recruiters overheard me and walked over. I thought he was going to give me a huge speech about how important the army is and we need to respect it. Instead, he high fived me. I think Im in love. MLIA


And now for a random picture of a donkey:




P.S. It is officially pouring.

No comments: